Black And Decker Fm1700 Instruction Manual U&C
FM1700 to the manual 3af01f0c-fb90-4c99-959d-8c15f9825fc8
: Black-And-Decker Black-And-Decker-Fm1700-Instruction-Manual-159149 black-and-decker-fm1700-instruction-manual-159149 black-and-decker pdf
Open the PDF directly: View PDF .
Page Count: 12
FM1700 Meat Mincer
Please read through this booklet for safe and efficient use of the appliance.
We urge you to read the "Do's & Don'ts" section and also follow all detailed
instructions even if you are familiar with a similar appliance.
Keep this guide handy for future reference.
First Use Safety Recommendation
While using electrical appliances, in order to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock,
and / or injury to persons, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the
• Read all instructions carefully, even if you are familiar with the appliance.
• To protect against the risk of electric shock, DO NOT IMMERSE the appliance,
cord set or plug in water or other liquids.
• To clean, wipe the exterior with a damp cloth.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Do not
allow children or any person unfamiliar with these instructions use this appliance.
Never leave an appliance unattended when in use.
• Switch off and remove the plug from the power outlet when not in use, before
assembling or disassembling parts, cleaning or carrying out any maintenance of
the appliance. Never pull the cord while unplugging out from power outlet.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the complete
appliance to your nearest authorized service facility for examination, electrical
repair, mechanical repair or adjustment to avoid any hazard.
• The use of attachments or accessories not recommended or sold by this
appliance manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock or personal injury.
• Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a table, counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Avoid touching hot surfaces, use handles and knobs.
• Do not operate or place any part of this appliance on or near any hot surfaces
(such as gas or electric burner or in a heated oven).
• Do not abuse the cord. Never carry the appliance by the cord or yank it to
disconnect it from the outlet; instead, grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
• When using an extension cord with your appliance, make sure the extension cord
is correctly wired, and rated for its use.
• This product is intended for household use only.
• Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself; instead, take it to your Black &
Decker-owned or Authorized Service Centre for repair.
• Care should be taken when handling slicing discs & blade, especially when
removing them from the holders and during cleaning.
• Keep children and animals away from the appliance and cord set.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Motor unit
2. Grinder head with filling shaft
2a. Notch in the metal housing
5. Coarse & fine disc
5a. Protrusion in the disc
8. Round pusher
9. Sausage disc
10. Kebbe attachment
(10a) Kebbe shaper
(10b) Kebbe cone
11. Sausage stuffer
12. Shredder attachment
13. Square pusher
14. Coarse shredder
15. Fine shredder
Product Features :-
1700W as locked motor power - for meeting the toughest of meat mincing.
Stainless Steel Blades and feeder - screw provides durability and efficiency
One speed operation - for all mincing and grating operations
Reverse speed - assists in removing all blockages during operation.
Aluminium tray - for ease of feeding
Kebbe Attachment - assists in making of kebbes
Multi purpose food shredding and slicing attachment - to meet all your daily needs
Cord Winding facility - to avoid litter of power cord.
Sausage stuffer - for making sausages.
16 15 14
Using your Meat Mincer
Your Meat Mincer is intended for indoor household use only. Kindly ensure that all the packaging material
has been removed from the unit. Remove any instruction, sticker etc. Ensure that the ratings on your
mincer are the same as the line voltage in your home.
Wash all the parts other than the base unit in warm sudsy water and allow to dry. Your
meat mincer is not only for grinding meat but can also be used for grinding vegetables,
making Kebbe and sausage as well.
Assembly of Mincer attachment:
1. Insert the mincer head into the groove on the base unit. The mincer head is joined to the
base unit with a bayonet lock mechanism. Hold the mincer head with one hand keeping
the food funnel at an angle of 45º in clockwise direction (Figure 1).
2. Turn the grinder head anti-clockwise in the direction of the upright arrow until the filling
shafts snaps into place in an upright position (Figure 2).
3. Insert the worm with the long end into the mincer head and turn slightly until it is
securely coupled with the motor shaft.
NOTE :- Ensure that the O-ring on the rear of the worm is in place.
4. Mount the blade on the worm with the round side facing the worm and the smooth side in contact
with the disc (Figure 3).
NOTE : the meat will not be minced if the blade is mounted with the wrong side facing the screw.
5. Choose and mount the mincer disc on to the blade with the groove fitting perfectly into place
6. Tighten nut. Take care to avoid over-tightening (Figure 5).
7. Mount the food tray on top of the filling shaft.
How to use your Meat Mincer:
The meat mincer is intended to mince boneless meat for household use only.
1. After assembling the unit, place the mincer on a flat dry surface. Please ensure that the ventilation
openings on the base and side of the motor are not blocked.
2. Make sure that the electrical supply at your home matches the supply prescribed on the unit.
Connect the power cord into the supply socket.
3. Place the food tray on top of the filling shaft. Place a bowl or container below the metal head to
collect the minced meat flowing through the plate (Figure 6).
4. Please ensure that the meat is thawed thoroughly before mincing. Check the meat for bones and
unwanted fat. Clean the meat and cut into small cubes to fit the filling shaft and drop them into
the food tray.
5. Switch the mincer 'ON' in the forward direction. Slowly feed the meat pieces into the filling shaft
from the food tray and push down with the food pusher (Figure 7). Do not apply excessive force
when pushing down. This could damage your mincer.
NOTE : Never use your finger to push the food.
There are chances that the meat will get stuck in the worm during operation. In these times, use the reverse speed to
release the jam and revert to the forward direction again after 6~10 seconds. Do not run the appliance for more than
15 minutes continuously. After 15 minutes of continuous use, allow the appliance to cool to room temperature before
further usage. Once the task is over, switch the mincer 'OFF', switch off the electrical supply at the socket and
remove the power from the socket before disassembling.
The unit is fitted with a thermal-cut-out. If this should operate, disconnect the appliance from the electrical supply and
allow it to cool to room temperature before re-connecting.
Controls:- An explanation of all controls
1 - Press once to operate the unit.
O - Press once to stop the unit from operation
R - Keep pressed in small intervals to reactivate from jams.
There are three screen plates provided with this machine - coarse, fine and sausage.
Coarse - ideal for raw meat, vegetables, nuts and dry fruits, cheese, fish etc.
Fine - Ideal for raw or cooked meat, fish etc.
Sausage - Ideal for making sausages.
How to use your Kebbe Maker:
The Kebbe maker attachment has two parts, the shaper(10a) and the cone(10b).
Following the assembly instructions (see assembly of mincer attachement) up until the worm screw is
fitted onto the motor shaft inside the mincer head (figure 8).
Insert the kebbe maker with the rounded side facing the outside. Insert the securing cone and tighten
the ring nut on to the head (figure 9).
Feed the Kebbe mixture through the food funnel using the food pusher. The mince will roll out as a
hollow cylinder into the bowl (figure 10). Cut the continuous hollow cylinder into the desired lengths
while it flows out.
The Kebbe mixture is prepared by mincing meat and then passing the mince meat with the
ingredients, wheat & onions. Repeat this till you accure the required consistency.
How to use your Sausage Attachment:
1. Insert the sausage disc inside the coarse & fine disc in the grinder head.
2. Insert the sausage stuffer into the nut.
3. Fit the assembled mincer head onto the motor unit.
4. Push the sausage skin (using either real or synthetic skin) over the sausage stuffer and knot the end.
5. Repeat the procedure 4 & 5, as mentioned under " How to use your meat mincer".
6. The sausage mixture is pressed through the sausage stuffer and into the sausage skin.
7. When the first sausage has reached the desired length, squeeze it through with your fingers at the
end of sausage and turn the sausage around its own axis once or twice.
Tip : You can turn 'OFF' the appliance after each single sausage length
Note : The sharp side of the cutter must face the disc.
How to use your Shredder attachment:
1. Insert the shredder attachment head into the groove on the base unit. The shredder head is joined to the base unit
with a bayonet lock mechanism, similar to the meat mincer attachment. Hold the shredder head with one hand
keeping the food funnel at an angle of 45 degrees in clockwise direction.
2. Turn the shredder head anti-clockwise in the direction of the upright arrow until the filling shaft snaps into place in
an upright position.
3. Now insert the desired shredder disc into the shredder.
4. Rotate it slightly so that it is flush with the shredder opening and gets coupled with the drive shaft inside the
5. Now you can shred vegetables (adequately cut to go through shredders chute) to meet your requirement. Switch
the unit 'ON' in the forward direction. Slowly feed the vegetable pieces into the food funnel and push down with
the food pusher (as shown in the fig). Do not apply excessive force when pushing down. This could damage your
6. Only use the pusher provided to press the vegetables against the shredder disc.
1. Care should be taken while handling the shredder disc as the sharp edges might cut your hand.
2. Do not press the pusher hard, as it will damage the shredder disc.
3. Do not use your fingers to push the vegetables on to the shredder disc.
How to care for your meat mincer:
After use, switch 'OFF' the mincer and disconnect cord from the power supply. Ensure that the motor has stopped
completely before disassembling. Remove the nut and detach the discs and the cutting blade from the worm. Pull
the feeding screw out from the metal head. Detach the grinder head from the motor unit by pressing the head against
base unit and rotating the head in anticlockwise direction by 45 degrees.
Remove the meat residue if any from the end of the feeder screw. Wash all the parts in hot sudsy water & allow to
dry. Do not put the parts in the dishwasher. Wipe the motor unit with a damp cloth and dry. Wipe the mincer screen
plate and blade with salad oil before storing to prevent corrosion. Use the storage compartment on the base unit to
store two blades and kebbe attachment.
Do's and Dont's:
1. Always ensure that the bones and unwanted fat are removed from the meat before mincing.
2. Always use the pusher provided. Never use your fingers or any other utensils.
3. Never immerse the base unit into any liquid.
4. Do not fix the cutting blade or mincer blades when using kebbe attachment.
5. Do not try to mince material with hard fibers like ginger.
6. To avoid blocks and Jams inside the feeder screw, don't use excessive force.
7. If the unit gets blocked due to hard materials lodged on to the feeder screw or cutting blade, immediately
switch 'OFF' the unit and remove the ingredients before starting again.
8. When switching from 'ON' to 'OFF/REV' or vice versa, wait for 6 seconds to assure that the motor has
9. Care is needed when handling the cutter blade especially during removal, re-fitting and cleaning.
10. Switch 'OFF' and unplug the appliance before approaching parts that move while in use.