Honeywell Hcm 2000 Users Manual 1/2/2001 OM/NA
HCM-2000 to the manual ba60c944-7344-46e3-8919-b6c59005a8f7
: Honeywell Honeywell-Hcm-2000-Users-Manual-261591 honeywell-hcm-2000-users-manual-261591 honeywell pdf
Open the PDF directly: View PDF .
Page Count: 11
COOL MOISTURE HUMIDIFIER
Models HCM-1000/2000 Series
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS HUMIDIFIER AND SAVE THESE IMPOR-
TANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCE.
WHEN USING ANY ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE
1. Always place this humidifier on a firm, flat and level surface. This humidifier may not
work properly on an uneven surface.
2. CAUTION: To reduce the risk of burns, place this humidifier in an area where it is not
accessible to children.
3. Do not place the humidifier near any heat sources such as stoves, radiators and
4. Before using the humidifier, check the power cord for any signs of damage. If the cord
is found to be damaged, DO NOT USE and return the humidifier to Honeywell under the
warranty agreement for repair.
5. This product is equipped with a polarized AC-line plug (a plug having one blade wider
than the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. This is a safety fea-
ture. NEVER connect the humidifier to any power source other than a 120V AC polarized
outlet. If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If
the plug should still fail to fit, contact an electrician to replace the obsolete outlet.
DO NOT defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
6. A loose fit between the AC outlet and plug may cause overheating of the plug. Have a
qualified electrician replace the outlet.
7. The humidifier should always be unplugged and emptied when not in operation or
while being serviced or cleaned.
8. Never tilt or attempt to move the humidifier while it is operating or filled with water.
UNPLUG the humidifier before moving.
9. This humidifier requires regular cleaning. Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided.
Never clean the humidifier in any manner other than as instructed in this manual.
10. Turn the humidifier OFF if the relative humidity exceeds 60%, or if you notice moisture
on the inside of your windows. For proper humidity readings use a hygrometer, which is
available in many hardware and department stores, or by ordering one from
Honeywell (see Replacement Parts and Care Products-Digital Humidity Temperature
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for purchasing a HONEYWELL COOL MOISTURE HUMIDIFIER.
Before using your humidifier, we would like to explain the benefits of
maintaining your home or office at the proper humidity level.
Your body needs moisture to stay healthy and comfortable. Dry air can be damaging
and irritating. The Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier may help relieve:
• Dry, itchy skin and chapped lips.
• Cold symptoms and congestion.
• Dry, scratchy throat and coughs.
For serious medical conditions, always consult your physician prior to use.
Maintaining the proper moisture level in your home or office with your Honeywell
Cool Moisture Humidifier may also:
• Replace needed
moisture in furniture.
• Keep indoor plants moist and healthy.
• Eliminate cracking and dryness in wood furniture and fixtures.
• Minimize static electricity.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Dry air is pulled through the Cool Moisture system and a quiet fan disperses invisi-
ble, moisture-balanced air. There is no “mist” or excessive condensation emitted.
• Select a firm, level location—at least six inches (15 cm) from any wall for proper air
flow and convenient to an electrical outlet.
• Place the humidifier on a water-resistant surface, as water can damage furniture
and some flooring. Honeywell will not accept responsibility for property damage
caused by water spillage.
• We recommend that the humidifier be disinfected prior to first use. Please see
• Remove the water tank by grasping handle and pulling straight up. Set aside
• Lift off the motor housing. Remove the Cool Moisture filter pad from the base
before filling the unit with water (Fig. 2). Run it under cold water; this will help
reduce residue build-up. Turn the filter upside down before repositioning it in the
humidifier. Place it back in the humidifier wet.
Do not squeeze or wring out the filter. To help extend the life of your filter, repeat
this step every time you fill your humidifier.
• Turn the Water Tank upside-down so that the fill cap is facing up.
Fill the Water Tank with COOL tap water (Fig. 3). Distilled water is not necessary
as the water is filtered by the Cool Moisture filter.
DO NOT USE HOT WATER.
• Replace the fill cap .
CAUTION: WHEN CARRYING THE FILLED WATER TANK, PLEASE USE THE HANDLE
AND PLACE YOUR OTHER HAND UNDER THE TANK FOR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT.
• Turn Water Tank right-side up.
• Position Water Tank in the humidifier and push it into place.
• Some water will empty into the Reservoir Base when the filled Water Tank is
• Once the filled tank has been positioned, do not attempt to move the humidifier. If
it has to be moved, unplug the humidifier and remove the Water Tank first.
WARNING: DO NOT POUR WATER INTO THE GRILL ON THE TOP OF THE MOTOR HOUS-
ING. DOING SO MAY DAMAGE THE HUMIDIFIER OR CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY.
• With the power switch in the OFF position, plug the filled humidifier into
a polarized 120V outlet.
WARNING: DO NOT FORCE THE POLARIZED PLUG INTO THE OUTLET; it will only
fit one way.
WARNING: DO NOT PLUG IN THE HUMIDIFIER WITH WET HANDS AS AN ELECTRIC
SHOCK COULD OCCUR.
• Keep the Moisture Control (Humidistat) on HIGH - the largest black dot before “+”
sign (Fig. 4).
• Set the speed control to the desired position:
– HIGH for fast humidifying, MED for everyday moisture control, or LOW for
night time operation.
NOTE: IF THE HUMIDIFIER FAN WILL NOT START OR RESTART WHEN YOU SELECT A
FAN SPEED, THE HUMIDISTAT MAY BE SET TOO LOW. MOVING THE HUMIDITY LEVEL
KNOB TO A HIGHER SETTING (THE LARGEST BLACK DOT BEFORE THE “+” SIGN)
SHOULD RESTART THE FAN.
• When a comfortable humidity level is reached, lower the Moisture Control
(Humidistat) setting slowly by turning the knob clockwise until the fan stops (Fig. 4).
The DESIRED HUMIDITY light will illuminate, indicating that the desired humidity set-
ting has been reached. The Humidistat will automatically restart the fan each time
the humidity level falls below this setting. This “ON/OFF” cycle will continue periodi-
cally while the humidifier is in use.
• ALWAYS be sure to discard any unused water in the base each time you refill the
Water Tank or finish using the humidifier (Fig. 5).
• If you have the HCM-2000 series models, your humidifier will have the Auto-Shut
• When your water tank is empty, your humidifier will automatically shut itself off
as an added safety feature.
• The Refill/Restart light will illuminate indicating it is time to refill your water tank.
• We recommend that you clean the humidifier once a week, or more often if you:
• have hard water,
• notice a build-up of impurities, or
• detect unpleasant odours.
NOTE: THE USE OF OTHER WATER TREATMENT PRODUCTS MAY CAUSE DETERIO-
RATION OF THE FILTER OR DAMAGE THE HUMIDIFIER, THEREBY HINDERING THE
DO NOT USE SOAP, DETERGENTS, OR ABRASIVE CLEANSERS.
•Cleaning involves two steps: SCALE REMOVAL and DISINFECTING. Be sure to per-
form these in the proper order to avoid harmful chemical interactions.
• First, turn off and unplug the humidifier.
• Then remove the Water Tank by grasping the handle and pulling straight up (Fig. 6).
• Lift the motor housing up off the reservoir base. Set aside; reach in and remove the
Cool Moisture filter (Fig. 7). Set aside.
• Discard any residual water from the base.
STEP ONE: WEEKLY SCALE REMOVAL (RESERVOIR BASE)
• Fill the Reservoir Base with one 8-oz. (250ml) cup of undiluted white vinegar. Let
solution stay for 20 minutes.
• With vinegar still in the unit, clean all interior surfaces of the base with a soft
brush or cloth to remove scale.
• Rinse Reservoir Base thoroughly with clean, warm water to remove scale and
STEP TWO: WEEKLY DISINFECTING (WATER TANK,
• Empty the water tank. Refill with 1 teaspoon of chlorine bleach in 1 gallon (4 litres)
water. Let solution stay in the tank 20 minutes, swishing every few minutes to wet
• Empty tank after 20 minutes. Rinse with water until bleach smell is gone.
• Repeat for the Reservoir Base.
• Clean all surfaces of the power unit with a dry, soft cloth. WARNING: DO NOT USE
WATER TO CLEAN THE POWER UNIT. THIS MAY DAMAGE THE HUMIDIFIER OR CAUSE
• If you have hard water, you may need to clean or change the filter more often. If
the filter is dirty, rinse it under cold tap water and turn the filter upside down
before repositioning in the base. Do not squeeze or wring out pad. Do not soak pad
in bleach or vinegar.
When the filter turns dark brown, replace it. For best and proven results always
use Honeywell Cool Moisture filters available from your local store or from
• Reposition the Filter, Motor Housing and Water Tank.
NOTE: THE FAN MOTOR OF THIS HUMIDIFIER AND THE COOL MOISTURE FILTER ARE
DESIGNED TO FUNCTION EFFICIENTLY AS A SET. USING ANY OTHER FILTER COULD
DAMAGE THE HUMIDIFIER’S MOTOR OR IMPAIR ITS PERFORMANCE.
END-OF-SEASON CARE AND STORAGE
• Follow weekly CLEANING instructions at end of humidification season or when
humidifier will not be used for at least one week or more. Remove and throw away
the filter;do not store with a used filter.
• Let humidifier dry completely before storing. Do not store with water inside the
Reservoir Base or water tank.
• Pack the unit in its original carton and store in a cool, dry location.
• Remember to install a new filter and clean the humidifier at the start of the next
Models HCM-1000 Series are rated 0.45 Amps at 120V, 60 Hz.
Models HCM-2000 Series are rated 0.6 Amps at 120V, 60 Hz.
WARNING: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR HUMIDIFIER’S POWER
UNIT, PLEASE SEE THE WARRANTY FOR INSTRUCTIONS. PLEASE DO NOT
ATTEMPT TO OPEN OR REPAIR THE HUMIDIFIER YOURSELF. DOING SO MAY VOID
THE WARRANTY AND COULD CAUSE DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY. IF THE
PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS, PLEASE CALL:
CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT
TOLL FREE: 1-800-332-1110
Mail questions or
Consumer Relations Dept.
250 Turnpike Road
Please be sure to specify model number.
REPLACEMENT PARTS AND CARE PRODUCTS
To order replacement parts or care products, complete and mail the enclosed Order
Form. Be sure to include a check or money order payable to Honeywell Inc. or call
the Honeywell Customer Service Department on our toll-free number:
1-800-332-1110. VISA®, MASTERCARD®and DISCOVER®are accepted. The following
prices do not include shipping charges or sales tax where applicable.
NOTE: These fit HCM-1000 and HCM-2000 series products
Item Item No. US Price CAN Price
Cool Moisture Replacement Filter HAC-500 $14.00 $18.90
Digital Humidity/Temperature Indicator
(measures room humidity level) HAC-555 $19.99 $26.98
Water Tank and Fill Cap (HCM-1000 series) HCM-1000-1 $19.99 $26.98
Water Tank and Fill Cap (HCM-2000 series) HCM-2000-1 $19.99 $26.98
Fill Cap HCM-2000-2 $ 9.99 $13.50
0 30 50 100
DRY COMFORT DAMP
Digital Humidity/Temperature Indicator
Item Item No. Quantity Price U.S. Price Can Total
Cool Moisture HAC-500 $ 14.00 $18.90
Digital Humidity / Temperature Indicator HAC-555 $ 19.99 $26.98
Water Tank and Fill Cap (for HCM-1000 Series) HCM-1000-1 $ 19.99 $26.98
Water Tank and Fill Cap (for HCM-2000 Series) HCM- 2000-1 $ 19.99 $26.98
Fill Cap HCM-2000-2 $ 9.99 $13.50
Customer Service Department
250 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 U.S.A.
Or for MasterCard®, Visa®and Discover®orders:
Cardholder name (please print):
Card Number: Expiration Date:
Please Check: MasterCard®■■Visa®■■Discover®■■
Parts and accessories subject to availability.
Prices may change without notice.
❏ CHECK OR MONEY ORDER
ENCLOSED. NO COD’S ACCEPTED.
REPLACEMENT PARTS AND CARE PRODUCTS
If your local dealer is out of stock, Honeywell replacement parts and care products
may be ordered directly. Fill out the form and mail it along with a check or money
order (no cash, please) to Honeywell Inc. at the address shown below. Please allow
four weeks for delivery. Massachusetts residents add 5% Sales Tax. Canadian resi-
dents add 7% G.S.T. and applicable provincial taxes.
MA residents add 5% Sales Tax
Shipping and Handling
$10.00 US/$13.50 CAN
Day time phone no. ( )
In case we need to contact you about your order.
ORDER FORM MODELS HCM-1000/2000 SERIES
Add 7% G.S.T. and applicable
©1999 All rights reserved. Honeywell Inc.HU4032.99
HONEYWELL COOL MOISTURE HUMIDIFIER
This product has been engineered and crafted with great care for your satisfaction.
Please read all instructions before attempting to use this product. Be sure to fill out and
return the enclosed card within 7 days of purchase.
A. This 5 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be
defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting
from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are
the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under
this warranty. HONEYWELL IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAM-
AGES OF ANY NATURE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURA-
TION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclu-
sion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an
implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This
warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary
from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of
this product from the original date of purchase.
B. At its option, Honeywell will repair or replace this product if it is found defective in
material or workmanship. Defective product should be returned directly
C. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to
repair or from any use not in accordance with this manual.
D. Return defective product to the place of purchase in accordance with store policy or
to the following address with a brief description of the problem. Include proof of pur-
chase and a U.S. $10.00/$13.50 CAN check or money order for handling, return packing
and shipping charges. Please include your name, address and a daytime phone number.
You must prepay shipping charges. Mark carton “Attention Returns Department.” Ship to:
ATTN: Returns Department
Southpoint Distribution Center
4755 Southpoint Drive
Memphis, TN 38118
NOTE: THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE COOL MOISTURE FILTER, WHOSE
PERFORMANCE WILL DEPEND UPON THE CONDITION OF THE WATER USED IN THE
HUMIDIFIER. P/N 035-00358-000